The “JGU Teaching Award” ("Lehrpreis") is awarded to JGU teaching staff for their outstanding achievements in teaching. It was awarded for the first time in the winter semester 2016/17.
The “JGU Teaching Award” comes with a cash prize of 1,000 € (to be used for official purposes). The awardees will be honored by the executive university board at the annual DIES LEGENDI organized by the GTC.
JGU’s ten faculties and two art schools have the right to nominate two persons every three semesters, in parallel to the course assessments, which are carried out by the Center for Quality Assurance and Development (ZQ). The course assessment can serve as the basis for the selection of the teaching award winner. Awarding rhythm:
- Winter semester 2020/2021: The award paused due to the pandemic
- Summer semester 2021: Faculties 01, 02, 06, 08, Mainz School of Music
- Winter semester 2021/2022: Faculties 03, 04, 10
- Summer semester 2022: Faculties 05, 07, 09, The Academy of Fine Arts Mainz
- Winter semester 2022/2023: Faculties: 02, 03, 06, 08, Mainz School of Music
- Summer semester 2023: Faculties: 01, 04, 10
- Winter semester 2023/2024: Faculties 05, 07, 09, The Academy of Fine Arts Mainz
- Summer semester 2024: Faculties 02, 03, 06, 08, Mainz School of Music
Further information can be found on the German website of the GTC.
The previous award winners are presented on the German website of the GTC.